LIVE AUCTION LIST!
1. Rectangular gilded mirror with carved wood frame, scrolled and leaf decorations, Louis XV Rococo style, 48" x 30”
Dominican Republic getaway
2. Inlaid wood table, horizontal strips of mahogany and satinwood, 4 bulbous legs, 30" x 42" x 84"
3. COUPLES MASSAGE! For your Valentine, the ultimate in romance...a couples massage – his and hers? his and his? hers and hers? – in your home, compliments of massage therapists Gary Rosenthal and Heidi Windel, accompanied by ice-cold champagne and Phebe and Richard's Chocolate Decadence Wedding Cake, est. value: hmmmmmm!?!?
4. Mahogany and caned rocking chair, reversed scrolled arms, caned seat and splat, shaped crest with cabriole legs ending with paw toes, Barbados, c. 1880, est. value $1,500-$1,750
5. Old map of the Virgin Islands (U.S. and British) from English and Danish surveys by Thomas Jefferys, geographer to the King, matted, glazed and framed, 28" x 33"
6. Black Asian rosewood sofa with black silk Oriental-style cushions, curved arms, vertical slat back, optional trundle folds out to become child's day bed, new, value $2,500-$3,000
7. Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon vertical, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2005 vintages, gift of Premier Wines & Spirits, value $1,000
8. A DAY AT SEA FOR 30! Full-day cruise for 30 on Catbird, an 82-foot Dufour sailing catamaran, includes ocean kayak, windsurfer and snorkeling gear, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., available June 1-Nov. 30, 2012, cash bar available, lunch not included, value $3,750
9. Victorian Renaissance-Revival oak pump organ, elaborately carved, turned, reeded and fretted decorations, 3 beveled mirrors, compartment for sheet music, 1 compartment with shelf, slanted music stand, moving handles, American, "Story & Clark, Chicago USA," c. 1910, est. value $1,500-$2,500
10. “Horseraces,” acrylic painting by California artist Heather Roddy, wrapped frame, 36" x 48"
11. Mahogany and cane settee, caned back, seat and arms, carved crest on back, turned legs, scrolled arms, red silk seat cushion with 2 small matching bolsters, 76" long
12. INDIAN GOURMET BUFFET! A mouth-watering Indian dinner for 10 prepared by Shami Mohanani in your home or hers, paired wines provided by Frank Machover of VI Wine Wholesalers, date to be arranged with Shami, value: delectable!
13. Mahogany commode with porcelain bowl and cover, top opens with arm rests, shaped Bombay front, turned legs, Edwardian, Trinidad, c. 1910, est. value $550-$650
14. 14K white gold and diamond hoop earrings, 1.15 ct. diamonds, gift of Diamonds International, value $2,000
15. Mahogany executive desk, carved, paneled and gadrooned back and sides, 7 drawers and 3 pigeonholes in top section, 40" x 66" x 31"
16. Designer chandelier, "Fiorellino XXL" by Prospetto Light, hand-made twist white glass with shiny chrome base, new, 40" hanging depth, value $6,000-$7,500
17. Pool table, regulation size, includes balls, cues and other accessories, excellent condition, 4-1/2' x 9'
18. Antique Italian wine press, late 18th century, est. value $2,500
19. WINE TASTING FOR 20! Dionysus presents a wine tasting for 20 people at your home or the venue of your choice, date to be cleared with Dennis Cheatam of Dionysus, value: fabuloso!
20. Mahogany and mahogany-veneered plantation sideboard, carved and shaped front legs with leaf motifs, 5 drawers with wooden knobs, turned drop finials and carved brackets, shaped bottom shelf and shaped, carved leaf and scrolled design on backsplash, Trinidad, 1840, est. value $6,500-$8,500
21. "Big Brown" by Ieshia Rokmanah George, 2008, color pencil and archival ink on paper, matted, glazed and framed, 38-1/2" x 52-1/2"
22. Cedar blanket/clothes chest, raised diamond decorations on front, bracket feet, Trinidad/Bermuda?, c. 1880, est. value $1,200-$1,500
23. ZUMBA & ZINFANDEL! Joni and Norm Jones teach a beginners' Zumba class for up to 12 people – males AND females! – at the home of Becky & Jim Tunick, with a Zinfandel tasting after class, mixed tastings of Zinfandels donated by Bellows International. Value: Zenzational!
24. Louis XVI mahogany armoire, 3 paneled doors, paneled sides, reeded decorations down the front sides, molded crown, shelved interior, turned feet, Trinidad, c. 1800, est. value $3,000-$4,000
25. LIGHTS, ACTION, IT'S THE BIG APPLE! One week in a one-bedroom luxury apartment at an ideal location on W. 58th St. between Fifth and Sixth Aves., 31st floor overlooking Central Park, full kitchen, week negotiable with owners, $200 cleaning fee, $250 refundable key fee, value $2,500
26. Large rectangular mirror, carved wood frame with palm leaves, flowers, bamboo motifs and Rococo scrolled decorations, Louis XV style, 62" x 37"
27. Round mahogany center table with apron, on turned and carved pedestal on shaped quadruple platform, four carved paw feet, Trinidad, c. 1840, est. value $3,500-$4,500
28. Rolex Cellini watch, reference #6229/9, ladies' 18K white gold Rolex Cellini, Danaos with a crocodile strap, gift of A.H. Riise, value $4,200
29. Large antique ship model in glass case, on antique cedar library table with carved apron, turned legs, crossbars and stretcher, 31" x 54" x 31", English, est. value for both, $3,900
30. VIVE LA FRANCE! Dinner for 8 prepared by Mitch Cooper, Executive Chef at Frenchman's Reef, and served in Aqua Terra's private dining room, with wines selected and paired by Frank Machover of VI Wine Wholesalers, valid May 1 to Nov. 30, 2012, date to be arranged with Mitch, value: delicious!
31. Mahogany wagonette with turned supports, legs and finials, 3 shelves, middle shelf with 2 drawers, carved back, scroll and leaf motif, Trinidad, c. 1850 and later, est. value $1,500-$1,750
32. "La Mappe Monde," 1816 world map representing two hemispheres and indicating the three voyages of Captain Cook, matted, glazed and beautifully framed, 34" x 48"
33. "Rare French Creole double-size stump post bed, lignum vitae, carved and turned posts, elaborately carved and incised headboard with pierced and carved crest and carved appliqués, Trinidad, c. 1850, est. value $6,500-$7,500
34. DOMINICAN REPUBLIC ESCAPE FOR 4: One week in an elegant 2-bedroom, 2-bath beachfront apartment in the Alisei Hotel in lively Las Terrenas, with restaurant, spa, daily maid service, TV, DVD, wifi, week to be arranged with owner, no restrictions on dates, expires February 12, 2013, high season value $2,300
35. Sheraton mahogany cabinet, 2 doors, 1 drawer, veneered and inlaid with mahogany, ebony and satinwood, fine urn design on doors, silver-plated escutcheons, shelved interior, bracket feet, English, c. 1800, est. value $1,800-$2,500
36. “Rue Damiette, a Rouen" (1884) by Camille Pissarro, etching stamped with blue monogram, from the posthumous edition of 1907, numbered No. 3, Delteil No. 52, 7-3/4" x 5-7/8", matted, glazed and beautifully framed by Stern-Pissarro Gallery in London
37. Mahogany butler's tray, on turned, collapsible X-framed stand, tray has carved backsplash and handles, Trinidad, est. value $1,000-$1,500
38. RARE FIND: "All Rivers Run to the Sea: Memoirs" by Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel, first edition in English, inscribed "To the congregation of St. Thomas – with good wishes, Elie Wiesel, July 2004"
39. Antique Persian carpet, wool, central design in red with cream, brown and blues, early 20th century, 86" x 63", est. value $1,000-$1,200
39-B. Antique Persian carpet, wool, central design in dark blue, floral patterns, multi-colors, early 20th century, 84" x 52", est. value $1,000-$1,200
40. Mahogany dining or boardroom table, 5 turned, reeded and carved legs (fifth centered for opening 2 leaves), brass cup casters, crank handle, 31" x 44" x 72" with 2 20" leaves
41. "CASSINELLI-BERRY DINNER FOR 8! Enjoy gourmet dinner for 8 at the antiques-filled home of Filippo Cassinelli, with rare boutique wines paired and presented by Richard Berry of West Indies Corp., date to be cleared with your hosts, Filippo and Richard, value: beyond description!
42. "The Lady in Red Visits Back Street" by Shansi Miller, 2012, oil on linen, 6-1/2" x 8", framed in gold with a white linen liner
LIVE AUCTION LIST!|
Here's the list of the 42 items, in order, in the Feb. 12 Antiques, Art & Collectibles Auction on Feb. 12 at the Antilles School's MCM Center. The live auction starts at noon. The MCM Center opens at 10 a.m. for auction previews, flea market sales and the opening of silent auction bidding.
Click here for More...